I think that Coakley Pizzas should get a bank loan allowing him to buy the scooters and then pay the bank back once they have enough funds.
Dunlop sell 20,000 tennis balls at £2 each
Total revenue will be £ 40,000
Boots sell 26,000 bottles of shampoo at £2.65 each
Total revenue will be £68,900
A company makes 50,000 gift bags at a total cost of £17,500. All 50,000 are sold at £1.50 each. Which of the following statements are true?
German carmaker Volkswagen has said it will invest $7bn (£4bn) in North America over the next five years as it looks to boost its sales in the region.
Analysts expect 2013 to be the best year for the US auto market since 2007, with total annual sales expected to reach nearly 15.6 million units.
If that figure is met, it would mark a strong recovery from 2009, when sales fell to 10.4 million.
- Is PROFIT the only objective for a new Business? No, other objectives include survival as a business, create revenues, provide for a family or to be your own boss.
- What is an OBJECTIVE? An Objective is something you aim to complete.
- What is a FINANCIAL OBJECTIVE? a financial objective is an objective that involves money, such as a goal profit.
- What is a NON-FINANCIAL OBJECTIVE? A non Financial objective is an objective that doesnt involve money, such as being your own boss.
- Why is SURVIVAL a good objective to have? Is it FINANCIAL or NON-FINANCIAL? Survival is a good objective because if you dont aim to survive, you wont. It Is financial objective because to survive you must break even or make a profit.
- Why is TO HELP OTHERS a good objective to have? Is it FINANCIAL or NON-FINANCIAL? To help others is a good objective to have because it may primarily help someone in the long term, such as a charity. It’s a noon- financial objective.
- Why is PROFIT MAXIMISATION a good objective to have? Is it FINANCIAL or NON-FINANCIAL? Profit maximisation is a good objective to have because it means to aim for the most profit able to be produced.
- Why is SOMETHING TO BE PROUD OF a good objective to have? Is it FINANCIAL or NON-FINANCIAL? Something to be proud of is a good obectve to have because it means you have created something worthwhile. it’s a non-financial objective.
- Why is SALES MAXIMISATION a good objective to have? Is it FINANCIAL or NON-FINANCIAL? Sales maximisation is a good objective to have because It allows you to sell the most of your product. Financial objective.
- Why is BEING YOUR OWN BOSS a good objective to have? Is it FINANCIAL or NON-? Being your own boss is a good objective because It allows freedom. Non financial.
Drive- our business was driven to do the best that we could for the money available. We used easily available resources to ensure success
Thinking Ahead- We calculated the risks of our business idea and brainstormed a way of how to defeat the obstacle in our path.
Determination- We were determined to be more successful than all of the other teams in our goal.
Seeing opportunities- We bargained when buying our ingredients and resources to get the best price available.
We made a profit of £20 which was our aim therefore our business was a success!!
Our butterbeer business was a success as we calculated the risks that could occur. If our business took off and we sld it outside of school the risks and rewards would be:
I think it would be worth the risks as even if it was a failure we could learn from our mistakes and improve in the future. Also it would be a great learning experience of business large scale.
the rewards that they could get from selling dolls that look like the person is that hey could
. earn a profit
. little girls will like that product
the risks that they would b taking is that
. parents may not want to buy that for their child
. there may already be a business that sells lookalike dolls
. there may be complaints that the dolls dot look like the child
i think that this business will work because they have a good business plan
Does the Six thinking Hats theory actually help me to potentially improve my idea or come up with new ones? If yes, how? If no, why not?
I don’t think the Six thinking Hats theory works. some people are naturally creative and don’t need guidelines to help them be so. If you can’t think of something creative then this may be helpful. However I, and I’m sure many other, do not need the Six thinking Hats theory.
Watch Out! is an app that alerts people about oncoming traffic when crossing the road. Many people listen to music and become unaware about traffic when crossing the road. This app ‘bleeps’ to interrupt any form of music or radio, which does not stop until you are safely across the road.
This app was created from ‘blue-sky thinking’, which gave us the freedom to come up with what you want and developing them further if we wish to do so.